Our founding passions
Vox Anima London is founded on three central passions: Choral Artistry, Music Education, and Cultural Exchange.
Based on these founding ideals, we are committed to these guiding values and standards:
- To provide unforgettable and affordable concert opportunities for amateur choirs/singers around the world in London’s finest concert venues
- To promote the artistic performance of the music of today’s composers
- To engage exceptional, diverse conductors from around the world to lead our events
- To create opportunities for meaningful interaction between performers and composers through composer residencies
- To encourage diversity as exemplified in leadership, participants, and repertoire
- To include local students in our concerts
- To strive for excellence and artistry in every performance
- To commit to personalized attention to every group that works with us
Experiencing Choral Artistry, Music Education, and Cultural Exchange
Our founder and artistic director, James Meaders, has vast experience in the transforming power of international travel and performance for choral ensembles. As a conductor in the US, he led multiple international tours for his university and church choirs. While a member of the artistic staff at Distinguished Concerts International New York, he worked with conductors, singers, and composers from all over the world, assisting and guiding their experiences from both sides of the podium.
He brings this wealth of knowledge and experience to Vox Anima London as we set out to establish ourselves as your dependable and trustworthy partner for creative and imaginative concert opportunities in London. We are committed to a limited number of concerts each year that are carefully crafted to reflect our core passions of choral artistry, music education, and cultural exchange.
In the words of our Artistic Director, “One of my favourite new words since moving to England is ‘bespoke.’ My equivalent American word would probably be ‘custom.’ We are dedicated to this bespoke concept of creating concerts for visiting choirs, with each built around the fantastic new music of today’s composers. I am thrilled to be a part of this process with our visiting groups at every step along the way.”